Follow the instructions below to see if our suggestions can resolve your issue.
- Open your Safari browser and click on Help on the menu bar.
- Select Installed Plugins from the drop down menu.
- You should see Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing Plugin. This indicates the plug-in has been installed and enabled.
- If you do NOT see the Coupon Printing Plugin listed, try to install the Coupon Printer again.
- If you recently upgraded to 10.9 (Mavericks) and you are running Safari, please click here.
- Try printing our test coupon (here). If the test coupon printed, your installation is successful. Please proceed to print from Coupons.com.
- If the coupon prompted you to install again, please continue to step 2.
- Please view the article How do I set up my default printer to print coupons in Macintosh?
- An Internet Security program such as Antivirus, Firewall, Spyware, or Malware may be blocking our install process.
- Look in the internet security program for one of these listings or menus:
- Once you locate one of these menus, look for an option to add our site as a safe site.
- Enter each line of text and click add if you have this option.
- Go back to the site, and hit the refresh icon in the browser to reload the page.
- If you are trying to print coupons at work, library, Internet cafe, or university, you may not have administrative permissions required to download and install programs onto the computer you are using.
- Please contact your network administrator for more information.
- If you have a home computer, you may find it easier to access and print our coupons there.